me

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Thing 2

  I was pleasantly surprised with my blog and avatar setup experience. The thought of creating my own blog complete with an avatar was a little intimidating. I used Blogger to set up my blog and the step by step instructions were very helpful and make the process easier. I was able to get the account set up but had difficulty getting the actual blog for 23 things set up. It was very frustrating because the process I was going through (sending the verification codes to the phone and then inputting them into the system) was not working. I received help from Dr. Richardson and another student to get the blog set up and it took a while but we got it done, and I am very happy and surprised with how good my blog looks now. Now that it is set up, changing the background, and personalization with fonts is extremely easy and I expect smooth sailing from here on through the end of the semester. 
     The program we used to set up the Avatar was easy to use as well and it was fun. I choose to use an avatar that looks like me and dresses like me because when people read my blog I want them to be able to recognize who they are blogging with. I also decided to make it look like me because I have never created myself as an avatar before and it was fun picking out the hair, the outfits and the background that my avatar was going to use. The process for attaching the avatar to the blog was a simple copy and paste, which is always nice and easy. 
    At this time I am happy with both the avatar and the blog I chose, and I really look forward to learning how to set-up and use resources that will be helpful to me in the classroom. I also love the fact that all of the classes are connected, and while that may make it harder to post new information, there is a vast amount of information all students can use to enhance our technological experiences in this class, and in the future. 



        

1 comment:

  1. I have chosen to comment because I think we have similar feelings about creating a blog. This is my first experience with it as well. It looks good so far and we must think a like because I chose the same back ground :)

    ReplyDelete